TG Soft is pleased to announce that Vir.IT eXplorer PRO passed the latest test “ICSALabs”, issued by ICSA Labs (International Computer Security Association), an independent division of Verizon Business, renowned for its very high standard and rigorous testing.
TG Soft Cyber Security Specialist
Vir.IT eXplorer PRO, the ITALIAN Antivirus
ICSALabs (International Computer Security Association), is a certification body and an authorized ONC testing laboratory (ONC-ACB) accredited by the ONC Health IT certification program, which since 1989 has been providing guarantee (tests and certifications) for IT products, for the safety of individuals and companies.
Companies around the world rely on ICSALabs
certifications to objectively define and measure the compliance, reliability and performance of a product, as the tests and certifications issued by ICSA Labs are independent from the service provider and are constantly evolving, thus allowing to reduce the risks and vulnerabilities to cyber attacks.
Today, ICSA Labs offers services in four areas:
- Programs of operations, Consortium Testing and Certification
- Custom Testing Services for Businesses and Developers
- Healthcare IT Testing and Certification
The ICSA Labs
certification has precise and rigorous criteria: detection of 100% of viruses in the course of multiple tests developed on different parameters, including the management of the “wild list”. The documents relating to the criteria applied in the security tests of ICSA Labs are public
, objective, in continuously updated and monitored at international level and reflect a “black box” approach.
The Certification process takes place in the following ways:
- First, ICSA Labs obtains a contractual commitment from the manufacturer, agreeing that the product or subsequent versions will maintain the published ICSA Labs certification standards.
- Second, ICSA Labs or its authorized agents perform random evaluations of the current product based on current criteria. If a product fails an evaluation, the manufacturer is given a short period (typically 2 to 4 weeks) to correct the problems. If the product still does not meet the current certification criteria within the agreed period, the ICSA Labs certification is explicitly and publicly revoked.
- Thirdly, the ICSA Labs certification is renewed annually so the entire process certification is repeated at least once a year.
Since 2016 Vir.IT eXplorer PRO has been certified ICSA Labs, recognition obtained as a guarantee of a quality product, which TG Soft is committed to providing its customers, always updated and with high standards. Anti Virus certification tests are designed for products that detect self - replicating computer malware before the computer is infected.
The possible certifications of the various products consist of 5 primary modules. To obtain certification, the product must meet all the requirements of one of the 5 primary modules.
The test passed by Vir.IT eXplorer PRO
met all the requirements of the “Certified Anti-Virus Desktop/Server
” module. This module is aimed at anti-virus products designed to protect individual users' computers and/or servers from malware. Anti-virus products that meet the requirements of this module must be able to:
- detect malware;
- detect and prevent replication of incoming viruses;
- do not report false positives;
- log the results of malware detection attempts;
- perform necessary functions.
Malware poses a major security threat to both businesses and home users, as the threat landscape is ever-changing it is important that anti-malware products are up to date. ICSA Labs anti-malware tests do just that by ensuring that the anti-malware products tested guarantee high levels of service throughout the year by performing periodic tests on a monthly basis.
Below are the results obtained by Vir.IT eXplorer PRO:
Vir.IT eXplorer PRO, the Italian Antivirus
C.R.A.M. TG Soft