Overview of threats in Italy in August
August saw a slight decrease in cyber attacks and a slight decrease in the number of malware clusters compared to July.
In August, Emotet continued its malspam campaigns toward Italian users, jumping to the top spot on the list of the most widespread malware in Italy.
In the first week of August we had a diversification of malware attacks. In the middle weeks of August, most infections come from Emotet.
Ursnif was little active in August, encountered new "INPS"-themed campaigns.
Various password stealers were present such as AgentTesla, MassLogger, and QakBot. There were RDP attacks that carried ransomware: Matrix, Phobos, and LockBit. In August, a new Italian cyber-criminal was identified with the spyware DuckRat in Operation Donald Duck.
DOWNLOAD THE FULL REPORT IN PDF
||To keep up to date with TG Soft news , please subscribe to the newsletter
Integrate the defense of your PC/ SERVER to detect attacks from actually circulating viruses/malware
|We report that all really circulating viruses/malware are identified and, in many cases, even removed by Vir.IT eXplorer Lite -FREE Edition- thanks to the following special features:
- freely usable in both private and corporate environments with Engine+Signature updates without time limitation;
- Interoperable with any other AntiVirus, AntiSpyware, AntiMalware or Internet Security already present on PCs and SERVERs. We recommend to use it as a supplement to the AntiVirus already in use as it does not conflict or slow down the system but allows to significantly increase security in terms of identification and remediation of infected files;
- dentifies and, in many cases, even removes most of the actual circulating viruses/malware or, alternatively, allows them to be sent to the C.R.A.M. Anti-Malware Research Center for further analysis to update Vir.IT eXplorer;
- Through the Intrusion Detection technology, also made available in the Lite version of Vir.IT eXplorer, the software is able to report any new-generation viruses/malware that have set in automatically and proceed to send the reported files to TG Soft's C.R.A.M.
- Proceed to download Vir.IT eXplorer Lite from the official distribution page of TG Soft's website
TG Soft's AntiMalware Research Center.
Any information published on our site may be used and published on other websites, blogs, forums, facebook and/or in any other form both in paper and electronic form as long as the source is always and in any case cited explicitly “Source: CRAM by TG Soft www.tgsoft.it” with a clickable link to the original information and / or web page from which textual content, ideas and / or images have been extrapolated.
It will be appreciated in case of use of the information of C.R.A.M. by TG Soft www.tgsoft.it in the report of summary articles the following acknowledgment/thanks “Thanks to Anti-Malware Research Center C.R.A.M. by TG Soft of which we point out the direct link to the original information: [direct clickable link]”