Fake Mail "DHL Express" Spreads Trojan "UrSnif"
The email was detected in the morning of August 29, 2018.
Example of an analyzed email:
How it spreads
Subject: Info spedizione DHL Express
As usual, the email contains a short message regarding an important communicationc that urges the user to download the attachment under the excuse of "Privacy."
If you open the file inside the attachment, it will download URSNIF, similarly to the previous news item.
- File Name: VC56788344532.jse
- Size: 26.605 byte
- Md5: D236F9AAD941974C2B44BF7DEBD2A19B
The file connects to http[:]//www[.]cre8tivsolutions.com/wow[.]php and creates the file "$EXEFILE$101150.$EXE_EXT$" which will be executed and consequently will trigger the process to steal credentials.
This type of malware tries to steal passwords used in various web accounts such as: Home Banking, Electronic Mail, Certified Mail, social networks, etc...
The same type of e-mail in the past distributed the GootKit malware whose analysis by TGSoft's CRAM is available at these addresses:
Torna ad inizio pagina
How to identify a fake email
Experience and common sense are the first weapons to avoid these kinds of scams.
of the email, in all its elements, is essential. Be wary of ZIP
-formatted attachments and, if possible, DO NOT enable automatic macro
execution. It is strongly discouraged to set up automatic execution of macros since simply opening Word
files will see the immediate execution of macros without any prior alert.
In case you have been infected by a Banker
, the advice from TG Soft's C.R.A.M. is to take appropriate security precautions even after the remediation of the system(s) involved
such as changing the most commonly used passwords on the Web. In case the workstation involved is used for home-banking transactions, an assessment with your credit institution
is also recommended.
How to send suspicious emails for analysis as possible virus/malware/ransomware and/or Phishing attempts
Sending materials to TG Soft's Anti-Malware Research Center for analysis, which is always free of charge, can be done safely in two ways:
- Any suspect email can be sent directly by the recipient's e-mail, to the following mail email@example.com,choosing as sending mode "Forward as Attachment" and inserting in the subject section "Possible phishing page to verify" rather than "Possible Malware to verify";
- Save the e-mail to be sent to the TG Soft's C.R.A.M. for analysis as an external file to the e-mail program used. The resulting file must be sent by uploading it from the page Send Suspicious Files (http://www.tgsoft.it/italy/file_sospetti.asp). Obviously if you want a feedback on the analysis of the data submitted, you have to indicate an e-mail address and a brief description of the reason for the submission (for example: possiible / probable phishing; possible / probable malware or other).
All this is to help you by trying to prevent you from running into credential theft, viruses/malware or even worse next-generation Ransomware / Crypto-Malware.
Integrate your PC / SERVER protection with Vir.IT eXplorer Lite
|If you are not yet using Vir.IT eXplorer PRO, it is advisable to install, Vir.IT eXplorer Lite -FREE Edition-.to supplement the antivirus in use to increase the security of your computers, PC and SERVER indifferently,
Vir.IT eXplorer Lite has the following special features:
- freely usable in both private and corporate environments with Engine+Signature updates without time limitation;
- Interoperable with any other AntiVirus, AntiSpyware, AntiMalware or Internet Security already present on PCs and SERVERs. We recommend to use it as a supplement to the AntiVirus already in use as it does not conflict or slow down the system but allows to significantly increase security in terms of identification and remediation of infected files;
- It identifies and, in many cases, even removes most of the viruses/malware actually circulating or, alternatively, allows them to be sent to the C.R.A.M. Anti-Malware Research Center for further analysis to update Vir.It eXplorer PRO;
- through Intrusion Detection technology, also made available in the Lite version of Vir.IT eXplorer, the software is able to report any new-generation viruses/malware that have set in automatically and proceed to send the reported files to TG Soft's C.R.A.M.
- Proceed to download Vir.IT eXplorer Lite from the official distribution page of TG Soft's website.
For Vir.IT eXplorer PRO users...
For Vir.IT eXplorer PRO owners, it is also possible to contact for free TG Soft's technical phone support.The details can be found on the support page CLIENTS
TG Soft's Anti-Malware Research Center
Torna ad inizio pagina