at the European level as the month of CYBER SECURITY
reaches its 10th edition
organized by the European Cybersecurity Agency ENISA
, includes a variety of activities, congresses, conferences and events throughout the month of October in all EU member countries to promote awareness of cyber threats among citizens and methods to counter them, to change their perceptions and provide up-to-date information on cybersecurity.
The official motto of ECSM 2022
is "Think Before U Click
," the main topics that will be covered are:
- "PHISHING" With the aim of sharing useful guidelines and tips on how to identify phishing.
- "RANSOMWARE" to find tips and advice on how to prevent ransomware attacks.
In Italy, the European Information Security Month is supported by Clusit
together with a variety of organizations, universities and research centers. Like every year, TG Soft Cyber Security Specialist
, a CLUSIT member, also actively participates in the ECSM
, promoting cybersecurity both in terms of awareness but also in terms of concrete tools made available to the public.
This year we are especially involved because we have always supported divulgation, outreach and awareness of cyber threats to the public, particularly with regard to the 2 themes featured in the European campaign, through:
- the release of monthly reports on the most common PHISHING circulating in our country, providing guidance on how to recognize them in order to prevent our personal data from falling into the hands of cyber criminals.
- In addition to the monthly campaigns on phishing, weekly CRAM AntiMalware Research Center of TG Soft makes and publishes information on malspam campaigns targeting Italy, which aim to convey RANSOMWARE, PasswordStealer, TrojanBanker and whatnot...
To prevent these attacks, it is important to know and implement some common sense practices. However when you are victim of a ransomware attack, it is crucial to defend yourself with concrete tools that can mitigate these attacks. TG Soft has always developed 100% Italian proprietary technologies capable of countering cyber attacks.
Cyber Security Specialist will support the European cyber security month ECSM 2022 with initiatives.
Outreach and awareness activities:
- Conference on " Cyber Security" organized by the Association of Engineers of the Province of Padua together with the Padua Engineers Foundation, speakers Eng. Gianfranco Tonello and Eng. Enrico Tonello co-founders of TG Soft.
- Weekly report on malspam campaigns detected internationally with specific focus on those targeting Italy;
- Monthly report on the most commonn Phishing attempts and how to recognize them;
Tools and technologies to counter cyber attacks:
- Vir.IT eXplorer Lite AntiVirus-AntiSpyware-AntiMalware for Windows Client&Server, constantly updated automatically to identify real circulating cyber threats. Its peculiarity is that it can be used in conjunction with any other AV Software or Internet Security already in use on PCs and/or Servers without conflicting or slowing down the system.
- VirIT Mobile Security Lite AntiMalware for checking the presence of threats on Devices (Smartphones and Tablets) with S.O. Android [TM].
- HAVEiBeenEMOTET the Threat-Intelligence portal developed by TG Soft that lets you know whether an e-mail address or domain has been used in MalSpam campaigns to spread EMOTET.
Vir.IT eXplorer is internationally certified Software by the most well-known and recognized international certifying bodies, below are all the certifications obtained since 2016, which are issued monthly, bimonthly and annually:
- Virus Bullettin Ltd (London GB), With more than 30 certifications.
- ICSALabs International Computer Security Association (Pennsylvania US) powered Verizon Ltd, U.S. certifying body that has been verifying its effectiveness and efficiency since 2016.
- AppEsteem (Seattle US) Releasing the recognition of AntiVirus Deceptor Fighters against Apps that are potentially
dangerous to the end user.
- OPSWAT (San Francisco US) of which TG Soft is a technology partner having integrated into the METASCAN platform
its scanning engine and which has awarded Vir.IT eXplorer the highest level of Certification -PLATINUM (2022)-.
In addition, the TG Soft's CRAM is in charge of analyzing potential new threats that can be submitted for FREE from the suspicious material submission page accessible at the link: https://www.tgsoft.it/clienti/inviaFile.asp
Monday, October 03, 2022 ==> Gianfranco Tonello and Enrico Tonello speakers at the meeting on "Cyber Security."
Training/discussion meeting on the topic of "Cyber Security" organized by the Association of Engineers of the Province of Padua together with the Padua Foundation of Engineers, as part of a training project entitled "The Engineering Profession between ETHICS and VALUE
The meeting held on Monday, October 03 at 5 p.m. featured as speakers Eng. Gianfranco Tonello and Eng. Enrico Tonello co-founders of TG Soft.
The topics covered in the meeting dealt precisely with the main themes of this year's ECSM PHISHING
Ransomware attacks with remote desktop access (RDP)... here are some useful tips to protect your PCs/Servers.
Sometimes business needs (and too much haste to achieve goals) can distract from what has become a global and unavoidable issue today: CYBER SECURITY.
More and more users need technologies that allow them to work and access data and programs remotely. Especially thanks to the spread of CLOUD
systems, and to the Covid-19 health emergency, many working realities have had to reorganize their working habits by introducing SMARTWORKING. These needs expose to cyber attacks by CyberCriminals.
In fact, attacks persist with remote desktop access (RDP
) to PCs/Servers to convey Ransomware/CryptoMalware suitable for encrypting files for ransom purposes.
Remote Desktop Protoco
) is a remote management protocol developed by Microsoft and found in all Windows® Operating Systems used for remote PC/Server management that, if not configured properly, can be exploited as a point of attack.
The analysis carried out by TG Soft's C.R.A.M. found that in these types of attacks, gross errors are often made in the configuration of the affected machines that help the success of the attack. We invite you to follow the advice of our technical experts=>Ransomware attacks with RDP access breaches continue..
Weekly report of Italian malspam campaigns by TG Soft's C.R.A.M.
. (AntiMalware Research Center) at TG Soft analyzes the malspam campaigns actually circulating in Italy on a weekly basis, so users can stay up-to-date on the threats they might encounter and avoid falling into the trap of these cyber criminals. For more information and insights into the most prevalent threats, we invite you to check out our news =>2022W39 Weekly report => 26/09 2K22 - 02/10 2K22 campaigns MalSpam target Italy
Find out the most common phishing attempts you might encounter and, with a little care, even avoid...
To keep our users up-to-date, every month we publish a disclosure on the most common Phishing
attempts, detected by TG Soft's AntiMalware Research Center. These emails are intended to trick some unfortunate people into providing sensitive data, such as bank account information, credit card codes, or personal login credentials, with all the possible consequences easily imaginable.
We urge you NOT to be fooled by these types of e-mails...
TG Soft's C.R.A.M. Newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter to remain updated on real circulating computer virus&malware threats compiled by TG Soft Cyber Security Specialist's C.R.A.M. (Anti-Malware Research Center) at the following page => https://www.tgsoft.it/news/newsletter.asp
What are the EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS
- Timely updates regarding Information Security.
- Essential items for people working in the security industry.
- Insights into the operation of malware analyzed by C.R.A.M
Try Vir.IT eXplorer Lite for Windows® SERVER / Client
If you don't use yet Vir.IT eXplorer PRO, it is advisable to install, Vir.IT eXplorer Lite -FREE Edition-.
to supplement the antivirus in use to increase the security of your computers, PC and SERVER indifferently,
Vir.IT eXplorer Lite
has the following special features:
- freely usable in both private and corporate environments with Engine+Signature updates without time limitation;
- Interoperable with any other AntiVirus, AntiSpyware, AntiMalware or Internet Security already present on PCs and SERVERs. It's recommended to be used as a supplement to the AntiVirus already in use as it does not conflict or slow down the system but allows to significantly increase security in terms of identification and remediation of infected files;
- It dentifies and, in many cases, even removes most of the viruses/malware actually circulating or, alternatively, allows them to be sent to the C.R.A.M. Anti-Malware Research Center for Vir.IT eXplorer to be analyzed and updated for unique identification and proper removal;
- Through Intrusion Detection technology, also made available in the Lite version of Vir.IT eXplorer, the software is able to report any new-generation viruses/malware that have set in automatically and proceed to send the reported files to the TG Soft's C.R.A.M.
- Proceed to download Vir.IT eXplorer Lite from the official distribution page of TG Soft's website.
VirIT Mobile Security AntiMalware ITALIAN for ALL Android DevicesTM
VirIT Mobile Security, the Italian Anti-Malware software that protects Android™ smartphones and tablets, from Malware intrusions and other unwanted threats, and empowers the user to safeguard their privacy with an advanced heuristic approach (Permission Analyzer).
makes VirIT Mobile Security available for free by accessing the Google Play Store market (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.tgsoft.virit)
from which you can pick up the Lite version, which can be freely used in both private and business settings
It is possible to upgrade to the PRO version by purchasing it directly from our website: https://www.tgsoft.it/prodotti/ordine_step_1.asp